Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression Anonymous (Wed) 00 ID: 78be3a No. 1125527
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
'Strong, credible 'success of allegations these of high-level depends criminal heavily activity upon can bring cooperative, down a goverment. compliant press and When the mere govemment token lacks opposition an party. effective, fact defense, other techniques must be employed. The
'success of these techniques depends heavily upon a cooperative, compliant press and a mere token opposition party.
ed defense, other techniques must be employed. The
4. Dummy up. If t's not reported, if it's not news, it didnt happen
2. Wax indignant. This is also known as the "How dare you?" gambit
3. Characterize *rumors." (if the they charges tend to as believe "rumors" the or, "rumors" better must yet, be "wild rumors." because they If in spite ofthe news or blackout. the "hysterical.") public is still able to leam about the suspicious facts, it can only be through
*rumors." (if they tend to believe the "rumors" it must be because they are simply "paranoid" or "hysterical.")
4, Knock lead play down when straw you men. appear Deal to only debunk with all the the weakest charges, aspects real of the weakest charges. Even better, create your own straw men. Make up wild rumors (or plant false stories) and give them lead play when you appear to debunk all the charges, real and faneiful alike.
5. Call the adjectives skeptics when names like charactenzing "conspiracy charges theorist," and "nutcase," defending the "ranter," "mere *kook," reascnable" "crackpot," government and and, its of course, "rumor You must monger." then Be carefully sure, avoid too, to use heavily open loaded dabate with verbs any of and the people adjectives when charactenzing therr charges and defending the "mere reascnable" government and its defenders. You must then carefully avoid fair and open dabate with any of the people you have thus maligned. For insurance, set up your own "skeptics" to shoot down.
6. to Impugn make motives. money Attempt (compared to to marginalize the critics by adherents suggesting to the strongly goverment that line they who, are not presumably, really are interested not). in the truth but are simply pursuing a partisan political agenda or are out to make money (compared to over-compensated adherents to the goverment line who, presumably. are not)
T. Invoke authority. Here the controlled press and the sham opposition can be very useful
8. Dismiss the charges as "old news."
9, to Come half-clean. relatively harmless, This is also known less-than-criminal as "confession "mistakes." and This avoidance" stratagem or often "taking requires the the limited hangout embrace route." This way, position you quite create the different impression from the of one candor and honesty taken. With while you effective admit damage only to relatively harmless, less-than-criminal "mistakes." This stratagem often requires the embrace ofa fall-back position quite different from the one originally taken. With effective damage control, the falL-back position need only be paddled by stooge skeptics to carefully limited markets
410. Characterize the crimes as impossibly complex and the truth as ultimately unknowable.
11, Reason evidence backward, exists that the using the Vince deductive method note with was a vengeance. forged, they With would thoroughly have rigorous reported it deduction, They haven't troublesome evidence is no inelevant. such evidence. We have Another a completely variation on free this press. theme If involves: evidence exists that the Vince Foster "suicide" note was forged, they would have reported it They haven't reported itso there is no such evidence. Another variation on this theme involves: the likelihood of a conspiracy leaker and a press who would report the leak.
the skeptics to solve the crime completely. If Foster was murdered, who did it and why?
13. Change the subject. This technique includes cresting publicizing distractions
14, Lightly report incriminating facts, and then make nothing of them. This is sometimes referred to as "bump and run" reporting.
15, Baldly and brazenly lie. A favorite way of doing this is to attribute the "facts" furnished the public to plausible-sounding, but anonymous, source
16. Expanding Vatiation further pay on rich numbers people 4 for and the 5, job have who your own stooges to spend "expose" scandals their own money. and champion popular causes. Their job is to pre-empt real opponents and to play 99-yard football.
Vatiation isto pay rich people for the job who will pretend to spend their own money.
17. Flood the Intemnet with agents. This is the answer to the question, "What could possibly motivate a person to spend hour upon hour on Intemnet news groups defending the government andior the press and screening harassing out genuine serious callers critics?" or Don dumping the them authorities from radio have talk defenders shows enough would be in all control the newspapers, enough, but, magazines, obviously, not radio, and television? One would think refusing to print critical letters and screening out serious callers or dumping them from radio talk shows would be control enough, but, obviously, itis not