Mon May 4 25%
por Mexican American War Ace .pdf B U A s
Directions: Read Ace chapter 19 and answer the following questions. Your answers should be at least
three sentences in length and should follow address the question. Make use of examples to support your answers whenever possible. Please answer in a different color font.
1. What was the meaning of the phrase "Fifty-Four
Forty or Fight"? The meaning of the phrase
"Fifty-Four Forty or Fight means that James K.
Polk wanted to get the territory up to latitude north.
2. Where did the U.S. think the Texas-Mexico border was? Where did Mexico think it was? The
U.S. thought the Texas-Mexico border was along the Rio Grande (why does the textbook say Rio
Grande River. Rio means River), while the
Mexican government thought the border was father north, at the Nueces River]
3. How did President Polk get congress to declare war on Mexico?
4. What was the Mexican Cession?
5. Who were the forty-niners?